The July 2015 Lake Havasu Blood Drive is going on right now! Blood equals life. One pint of blood can potentially save as many as three lives right here in the Havasu community or somewhere else. And it only takes minutes out of your day to donate. Are you ready to be a life saver?
What: July 2015 Lake Havasu Blood Drive
Where: Aquatic Center Gym
When: July 15 11am to 7pm & July 16 9am to 5pm
Contact: Blood Hero Appointment Site or Aquatic Center (928) 453-2687
July 2015 Lake Havasu Blood Drive
The Aquatic Center is hosting the July 2015 Lake Havasu Blood Drive. Starting at 11am today, donors are welcome to stop by to donate their blood. Trained professionals from United Blood Services will be on-site to walk you through the donation process. To make things a little easier, you can make an appointment for either today or tomorrow using the United Blood Services’s appointment page here.
What to Do Before Donating Blood
- Drink lots of water. This makes veins easier to access.
- Eat a healthy meal before you come in. Iron-rich foods like beef, seafood, eggs, spinach, sweet potatoes, kale, strawberries and watermelon are good.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Short sleeved shirts or tank tops are great.
- Bring a valid photo ID with you.
- Make sure you have a list of all medications and dosages of each you are currently taking, including over-the-counter ones.
After you donate at the July 2015 Lake Havasu Blood Drive, make sure you continue to drink lots of fluids. Don’t over exert yourself for the rest of the day. Your body needs time to recuperate.
Have you donated blood before? How often? Do you have any tips for someone who hasn’t done this before? Please leave your answers in the comments below.
Featured Lake Havasu City Home
Visit any of my Lake Havasu real estate sites below for more information on the Havasu market: